How to remove mobile phone devices from your Google Display campaign
Google display campaigns can be an effective way of attracting affordable traffic to your site. Display campaigns are more effective when used as a remarketing strategy. There are several reasons why I would like to remove my ads from showing on small devices, for example, avoid using up all your busget on mobile phone app. You don't want a little boy paying a video game on his dad's phone to click on your ad.
It took me a little bit of time to figure this out as it is not straight forward feature on Google Ads
- Go to your display/gmail campaign and click on devices
- You will now see four different devices: phones, tvs, computers and tablets. And a lot of column with different features
- Go to the bid adj column and click on the pen next to it
- On the new small pop-up window, click on the arrow that says either increase or decrease and select decrease
- On the box next to it enter -100%
- Click save
- Now you have remove all your ads to appear on those devices
If you need help with your Google Ads campaign, please feel free to drop a line.